If we’ve sent you a development version of an iPhone app, please follow these instructions to install it on your phone. You will need to connect your iPhone to a computer with iTunes installed.
A. Install iPhone app for the first time using iTunes on a Mac
1. We should have sent you two files. A mobile Provisioning Profile which allows you to install our app on a specific device, and the app itself.
2. Save these files on to your computer.
3. Double click on the file called SlingshotDev.mobileprovision or drag it on to the iTunes icon in your doc.
4. Double click on the app file (ending .ipa) or drag it on to the iTunes icon in the same way as you did before.
5. Connect your iPhone/iPad to your computer.
6. At the top of the screen (just below the iTunes play button), select your device.
7. In the left hand pane, select Apps, which will show you a list of Apps – some may already installed on your device and some may not.
8. Locate the App that we sent you and click the “Install” button next to it.
9. Sync your device by pressing the Sync button in the bottom right hand corner of iTunes.
10. If everything worked you will see the new App on your device.
B. Install a new version of an iPhone app using iTunes on a Mac
1. We should have sent you the app file (ending in .ipa)
2. Drag the file on to the iTunes icon on your computer
3. It will ask you if you want to replace the existing version
4. Sync your phone
5. If the app wasn’t updated, go in to iTunes,select your device the select Apps. Locate the See it Stop it app and click the Update button next to it. Then sync again.
! If you get a message saying:
App can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
Please do the following…
a. In your dock, open System Preferences
b. Select Security & Privacy
c. Under “Allow apps downloaded from:” select “Anywhere”. If you are unable to select it, click on the padlock on the bottom left hand corner and enter your computer’s password when prompted.
You should now be able to continue.